I received this box just before Christmas and for reasons I am unable to discuss at this time I wasn’t able to post a review until now. The skin organics clean beauty box is as the name suggests. The contents of this box are non toxic with no parabens, no SLS and no hidden nasties. This was the first beauty box I ever purchased and I am so pleased with the products I received. Be warned that some of the items are completely used up lol.
The boxes start at £19 with £3.95 UK postage. It is a great way for persons new to organic skin care to try out new brands with out the hassle of worrying about whether or not your products are genuinely organic. For more experienced organic skin care users this box may introduce you to brands you might not have been aware of before.Check out this amazing beauty box here .Boxes are posted on the 20th of each month and you can also build your own box for only £15. Now lets get into the contents. The December edition included 8 items.
- Bryt Skin Care Day daily moisturiser with SPF 15: (sample size) The day moisturiser is a light mattifying moisturiser with SPF 15. It contains ingredients such as Vitamin E and essential oils including green tea, bergamot, lemon and mandarin.I am new to this brand but because I fell in love with the night cream I will definitely be purchasing the full size of the day moisturiser.The full size retails at £18.50.
2. Bryt Skin Care Night Cream: (Full size) I am really happy I received a full size of this product because I was already running low on my night cream. I really love the colourful packaging of this brand and with ingredients such as rose absolute, chinese geranium, palma rosa and lavender I was sold!! It’s not too greasy and I use this along with my serum to really seal in all the potent ingredients. The full size retails at £18.50.
3. Siskyn Grapefuit and Sweet Fennel Toning Body Oil: ( 30 ml travel size) I am no stranger to siskyn and I have completely used up this bottle!! The toning body oil has ingredients such as grapeseed, toning hazelnut, skin restructuring peach kernel and apricot kernel as well as sweet fennel, grapefruit and cypress. The siskyn sisters refer to it as a zesty body boost in a bottle and I absolutely love how moisturising it is. The 150 ml bottle retails at £32. You can check out my review of other siskyn products here.
4. Bodhi & Boich Ylang and Ylang Incense Bath and Shower Gel: (50 ml travel size)I love this bath and shower gel and the ingredients did not irritate my dry sensitive skin. With ingredients such as atlas cedarwood, spiked with fragrant honeysuckle, neroli and pink peppercorn I found this deeply hydrating for my skin. The sensual blend of fragrances is one both you and you partner will enjoy. The full size of this body wash retails at £20.
5. Narloa Mandarin Cleansing oil: (Full size) I have never used anything from this brand before and I am glad I was introduced to this cleansing oil. Prior to using this oil I used makeup remover wipes but I think this is a more natural alternative given some of the ingredients of the makeup wipes I used before. The cleansing oil offers a luxurious blend of plant powered oils such as sunflower and evening primrose among others. The full size retails at £12.50.
6. Konjac Mini Rudolph Pore Refiner with red Clay : ( mini size) This pore refiner is perfect for targeting and refining pores. It is pH balanced with mineral rich red clay which is known to stimulate blood circulation and give skin a healthy glow. It is also ideal for those prone to eczema and psoriasis. I have not tried the sponge yet but I am excited to see what it does for my skin.This retails at £6.99.
7. Lilian Jones Cinamon Swirl Tea Light Candle: (Full Size) I used this on Christmas Day and I loved the scent mainly because I really like the smell of Cinnamon. It gave the bedroom a really cozy feel and I will definitely be trying some other fragrances from Lilian jones. The 100 g cinnamon swirl candle tin retails at £6 but is currently on sale so you can get it now for £5.
8. Truffle Pig Vegan Handmade Dark Orange Rose and Raspberry Chocolate: (Full size)This was definitely a pleasant surprise to find chocolate in a skin care beauty box. I did say that in 2018 I would try eating healthier so maybe I will trade in my Cadbury for this who knows!! I will definitely check out truffle pig for some healthier chocolate alternatives .
If any of you would like to try a beauty box I strongly suggest an organic alternative and why not start with this one. Your skin and your body will be glad you did. As always thank you for stopping by.