Vanessa from Ezape Naturals is a qualified beauty therapist with a passion for health and beauty; so when I came across her range of luxurious organic skincare I was very eager to try them. During winter my skin gets extremely dry and itchy so an ordinary body lotion does little to nothing for me. As the seasons change so does my moisturiser. According to her website her products are natural and effective for dry sensitive skin with 100% natural ingredients and 99% certified organic ingredients.
I have been using this moisturiser for about 2 weeks now and I love the benefits that I am gaining from the following ingredients.
- Organic Shea Butter: Highly moisturising to dry skin, reduces inflammation and provides relief to dry itchy skin. It also reduces irritation and bumps.
- Organic Coconut oil: Natural antibacterial and anti fungal. It prevents premature ageing and seals in moisture.
- Organic Sunflower Oil: Very hydrating to the skin with omega 3 6 and 9. All three of these help prevent and reduce inflammation, protect against infection and reduce the signs of ageing.
- Organic Rosemary Oil: Protects against sun damage .
- Vitamin E: Provides skin with the necessary moisture as well as antioxidants for intense healing.
Aside from what ‘s in it, the body butter itself is pearl white in colour and melts into the skin without that sticky feel which is quite common with body butters.You can smell the rosemary but the smell doesn’t linger once applied.
Directions: Vanessa advises that the body butter be used after a bath or shower 3 times daily, but it worked well for me with only two applications; one in the morning and the other before bed.
The only downside for me is the coconut oil. The body butter is perfect for my upper body but when applied to my legs because of the comedogenic properties of coconut oil it seemed to make the bumps on my legs (strawberry legs) more obvious so this is one thing to bear in mind when choosing a body butter. Overall I would definitely repurchase because of how moisturising this body butter is. I use it on my entire upper body and feet as well and it keeps me moisturised all day. The body butter is available here. Feel free to check out Vanessa at @ezapenaturals for more of her amazing organic skincare products. What products do you use to moisturise your skin?
As you may have already guessed this is a skincare product review; well more specifically body care review. When I decided to take the organic skincare route I didn’t expect it to be an easy one because from the moment you make that decision it’s no longer about pretty packaging or what products smell like, or even feel like but it becomes more about what’s actually in them. Sometimes it can be a little frustrating giving up brands that you once loved simply because you now understand that they may not be the best choice because of some of the ingredients. When I came across organic shop uk and I saw all the pretty colours and all those options for body scrubs, shampoos and body butters I was in love!!
The strawberry jam deep cleansing body scrub looks and smells like strawberry jam. There are literally chunks of strawberries in every handful. My skin felt so soft and smooth and the smell of fresh strawberries lingered even after I got out of the shower; which was nice because strawberries are rather scarce during winter so I absolutely loved it! The brand offers products free of common nasties including parabens, SLS, mineral oils and GMOs. They are totally against animal testing and the packaging is recyclable as well. Sounds awesome right?
Remember what I said about the frustrations of taking the organic route? Well here is where it gets frustrating. There were a few ingredients that I would have preferred to have been left out. The MIPA-Laureth sulphate for example, parfum and the colourants as well. I contacted the brand and expressed my concerns and was told that the MIPA- Laureth sulphate it contains is the least amount possible whilst still allowing the scrub to perform as a cleanser. I do love it when brands take us, the consumers seriously!!!
Despite the few ingredients that I was not too happy about here are those which made me smile:
- Organic Strawberry Extract: Nourishes and soothes your skin.
- Organic Black Currant Extract and Acai: Help detoxify your skin.
- Raspberries and Lingonberry Seed Oil: Provide deep cleansing that leaves the skin supple and elastic.
My advice is this; if your skin care routine is 100% organic with no exception and zero tolerance this line isn’t for you but if you are thinking of considering organic skin care this is a very affordable way to start. The options are endless and the ingredients are way more skin friendly than the popular brands like The body shop here in the UK or Bath and Body works in the US.
So by all means newbie organics go check out @organicshopuk
and try them out for yourself before picking up that ever so tempting popular brand. Charlotte is really helpful if you are unsure of what you should get. The products are very affordable and this scrub retails at £9.99 for a 450 ml jar which should last a very long time. It’s an excellent Christmas gift option as well for all those thinking of trying out a new line.
Let me know what you guys think in the comments below. Thank you as always for stopping by.
Disclaimer: The product was gifted in exchange for my honest review.
Follow Simply Shaiz on WordPress.com
I guess you can tell by the title that this post has something to do with this award. Sooooo I got nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award four times!!!!! I am so very grateful to have been nominated and I would like to say a very special thank you to PAE Reviews,Jess,Fiona, and Katie. I love all of their blogs and you should definitely check them out.
As part of the rules of the nomination I am meant to share 7 facts about myself so here goes.
My 7 Facts
- I love pink I always have and I know its extremely girly but I just gravitate to anything pink and in my opinion rose gold is like the adult version of girly pink if that makes any sense at all. I’ve always said that if ever I have a baby girl her room is going to be the room I always wanted because I don’t think my husband would appreciate me throwing pink everywhere in our bedroom lol.
- I never try clothes on when I go out shopping. I honestly find it a hassle to take my clothes off in a store and try stuff on so I buy them and try them on when I get home.
- Dessert is my favourite part of the meal lol so I usually order something really light as a main course so I can really enjoy dessert.
- I would rather a text than a call. I don’t know why but whenever my phone rings I’m like NOOOOOOO lol I don’t even know if that might be a little mean maybe it is. I just prefer to talk face to face and if we are apart just send me a quick message.
- I was in a long distance relationship for 8 years we are married now and if you’re wondering how that worked out seeing that I prefer messages to actual phone calls there are exceptions to the rule lol my mom for example; she would call and I would rather talk to her over the phone as well.
- I am originally from St.Lucia but I live in the UK now and I have been for a little over a year.
- I am fluent in English and patois. Patois or creole is the second language spoken in St. Lucia. If you ever visit and realise that you don’t always understand what the people are saying it’s our second language lol.
And the nominees for the versatile blogger award are (lol I always wanted to announce nominations)
The rules are simple nominees simply have to;
- Thank the person who nominated you and link their blog.
- Nominate 15 bloggers for the award.
- Share 7 facts about yourself.
Thank you for reading and a special thank you to all the ladies who nominated me. I am truly grateful. Xx