I was nominated for the Liebster award by one of my favourite bloggers; Chelsea of blissfullybubbly.com. I was so surprised when I got the nomination and so grateful as well. Chelsea’s blog is filled with wonderful tips and advice from gift buying to relationships. I absolutely love it. Thank you so much Chelsea for nominating me. I remember seeing nominations like these all the time on other blogs before I started blogging and I always got a little excited for the blogger who was nominated and now its actually my turn to get a bit excited.
The idea behind the Liebster award is simply blogger recognition and appreciation. Accepting the award gives the nominee an opportunity to nominate other bloggers who can then nominate other bloggers. By accepting the award I need to share 10 facts about me and answer a few questions as well. So here are 10 very random facts about me.
- I watch episodes of Friends over and over again and I never get tired of seeing them.
- I don’t like having breakfast. It is really a challenge for me to eat that early in the morning and any time before 10 am is considered too early for me.
- I don’t think I am an awesome cook because I never quite know just how things will turn out. They usually turn out pretty good but I am well aware that it could easily go either way.
- I learnt to swim when I was 21. When you live on an island everyone assumes you can swim and rightfully so since there are beaches pretty much everywhere but I couldn’t before, but then I signed up for swimming classes and now I have a certificate to prove that I can.
- I turned 30 this year and a week ago I got asked for ID when I bought cider at TESCO.
- I still get excited about all the toys and chocolates that are at the stores during Christmas.
- I know some people love makeup but for me I love organic skincare products. I don’t think I could ever have enough. I just love trying out new brands but I always go back to my favourites.
- I like everything to do with travelling I dot even mind waiting for the flight to arrive.
- I order pretty much the exact same thing whenever I go to fast food restaurants. Since I don’t go very often I really can’t be bothered to try whatever is new I rather just stick to what I’m used to.
- I have strawberry legs. If you don’t know what that is its the tiny dots that appear all over your legs due to shaving. I think for me it is a mixture of that and keratosis pilaris which has similar appearances on the skin. That is definitely my biggest insecurity.
In addition to sharing 10 random facts about myself Chelsea also asked me a few questions which I will answer below.
Why did you start your blog?
I started my blog because I wanted to share my passions online. I started blogging definitely as a personal form of not just expression but relaxation as well. It can be a bit stressful maintaining a blog but overall it is such a rewarding experience. My advice to new bloggers is to keep at it because you can only ever get better and also to join a community of other bloggers where you can all support and encourage each other.
What is your favorite topic to write about?
Definitely organic skincare. Having beautiful skin has always been a passion of mine and up until a few years ago I never paid much attention to the ingredients on some of my favorite skincare products. Choosing to take the organic route was one of the best decisions I ever made and I love sharing new brands and products that work for me.
What is your favorite movie?
A walk to remember is one of those beautiful but sad love stories without the predictable happy ending. It speaks of love that one would hope doesn’t just exist in movies.
Name a blogger who inspires you most and why?
Chelsea from blissfully bubbly definitely is an inspiration and its not because of the nomination lol. I love the layout of her blog, her choice of colours and the advice she provides especially on her Marriage Monday posts which I always look forward to reading. There are so many bloggers who inspire me; I wish I could have selected more than just one but at least I can nominate a few of them.
If you could pick any place to live where would it be and why?
I would have to say St.Lucia because that is where I lived for pretty much all of my life and I will always consider it to be home even if I don’t live there right now.My family lives there and my husband’s family as well. It’s a beautiful island with very lovely people and I simply couldn’t imagine anywhere better than home.
Here are my nominees:
Jess from Jessxclare
Erika from PAE reviews
Kayla from Kayla Loves
El from Exclusory
Kris Marie from Boston Book Reader
Hebah from Hebah Pervaiz
Caitlin from Caitlincx
Carly from Pretty style of living
Becca from Becca Whiting
Sian from Okami-ammy
All of these bloggers inspire me for different reasons and they blog about beauty, lifestyle, books, gaming and all sorts of other things. They are different and all very much worth reading about.
These are the rules for accepting the award.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show off your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started /give advice to a new blogger.
- Answer the questions included below.
- Select 5-10 bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and include the link to your post.
These are my 5 questions.
- Do you wish you started blogging sooner? Give a reason or reasons for your answer.
- What is your favourite childhood memory?
- What is your absolute best time of the year?
- What was the last post you read about?
- Where do you find your inspiration for blogging?
Hope you all enjoyed this post. As always thank you for reading.